Protect Your Business with Best-in-Class Firewall Solutions
In an age where threats seem to be everywhere, firewalls are one of the first lines of defense against cyber attacks.
As demands on bandwidth increase, rapid inspection capabilities are critical. Business class firewalls provide fast throughput, superior reliability, and advanced security features designed to aggressively defend against would-be intruders. Learn more about firewall security options and how to ensure an organization has the optimal protection.
Firewalls are the first line of defense for networks. Firewalls regulate the flow of Internet traffic to and from and organization, and they facilitate secure remote communication links via Virtual Private Networking (VPN) tunnels.
Selecting the right firewall is essential for achieving optimal performance and avoiding the need for premature replacement. Important technical considerations when purchasing a firewall include:
- Will the firewall support the maximum throughput of the Internet connection(s) it will be securing? (When calculating, it is important to use the adjusted throughput of the device with the desired security services enabled.)
- If an Internet speed increase or the addition of circuits is anticipated, will the firewall support the maximum combined throughput after upgrading?
- Does the firewall provide the essential protections required?
When selecting a firewall, the following services and configurations are generally recommended for business environments.
• Implementation of dual WAN connections
• Gateway antivirus scanning
• Stateful packet inspection/Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS)
• Web content filtering
• Closing of non-essential firewall ports and restriction of protocols and services not required
• Denial of Service (DOS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) protection
• IP address filtering by region, or “Geo IP filtering”
• Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) inspection